Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Banana Pancakes

Finally, I have been able to make banana pancakes this morning, after months of wanting. It was my first time to make banana pancakes. They're really good and nutritious! I love its  texture and its flavor :)

Jenny, my stepson's gorgeous wife makes yummy banana pancakes. I got this idea from her. I really wanted to ask for her recipe but I decided to just look for one online.



The shape of the pancake doesn't look like a "pancake", hehehe, but I swear, it's so yummy.


Hubby likes his pancakes with syrup and butter but I don't because syrup is too sweet for me while butter is too "oily" for me.

I would like to share the recipe which is good for 3 servings.

You will Need:

1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/2 teaspoons white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 egg beaten
1/2 cup milk
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 ripe banana, mashed

 Instructions:

 1. Combine flour, white sugar and salt. In a separate bowl, mix together egg, milk, vegetable oil and banana.

2. Stir flour mixture; batter will be slightly slumpy.

3. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Cook until pancakes are golden brown on both sides; serve hot.

If you want bigger number of servings, check this source of the recipe here, change the number of servings you want and hit the word "calculate".

Thanks for dropping by.

Have a good one!


1 comment:

  1. Oooh! Yum! Whenever I hear "banana pancakes" I always think of the song by Jack Johnson. And I always want to make them, but never remember!
    And the shape is gorgeous, I would down those in a second ;)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to drop a comment :)