|Leche flan ala Bechay :)|
I made some leche flan last Monday night but I forgot to take photos so I made some again today. I would like to share this recipe to my Pinay friend Meding, now based in Australia who asked for this and of course to you who is reading right now :)
Leche Flan Recipe
You will need:
- 1 can (390g) evaporated milk
- 1 can (390g) condensed milk
- 10 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract or lemon essence
For the caramel:
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- In a saucepan, mix the sugar & water. Bring to a boil for a few minutes until the sugar caramelize.
- Pour the caramelized sugar into aluminum moulds – you can use any shape: oval, round or square. Spread the caramel on the bottom of the moulds.
- Mix well the evaporated milk, condensed milk, egg yolks and vanilla by hand or blender.
- Sieve or strain.
- Gently pour the mixture on top of the caramel on the aluminum moulds. Fill the moulds to about 1 to 1-1/4 inch thick.
- Cover moulds individually with aluminum foil.
- Steam for about 20 minutes
- Let cool then refrigerate.
Thanks for dropping by.