|ready to fry lumpia|
This is hubby's favorite among Filipino foods. He likes it with lots of lots of cabbage and with ground beef only, no pork, no shrimp and no chicken.
If you want to try it, here's the recipe:
You will need:
1 package of Lumpia wrapper (I buy them at an Asian Store in Reno)
1/2 pound of ground beef, yup, half a pound only
1 cup diced carrots
1 cup diced celery
1 cup diced onions
2 cups shredded cabbage
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a pan, cook the ground beef and onion together until the beef is not pinkish anymore and the onions are transparent already.
2. Add carrots. Cook for 3 minutes.
3. Add celery.Cook for 2 minutes.
4. Finally, add the cabbage and add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Set aside to cool down.
6. Wrap in the lumpia wrapper following the package instruction.
8. Uncooked lumpia can be stored in the freezer for future use.