Thursday, March 6, 2014

Paksiw Na Pirit o Tulingan



This viand is very common and just plain for others, but for me, being away from my homeland, it is like heaven already. 

I got the fish from MelVicky International  store in Reno for $2.99 per pack (4 pcs/pack). I usually make a paksiw out of it because I can just reheat it whenever I crave for a fish dish. 

Ingredients:

Pirit/Tulingan fish or any kind of fish
Vinegar
Garlic
Whole peppercorn
Ginger
Eggplant/bitter melon-optional
Salt and pepper

Procedure:

Wash and drain the fish thoroughly. Arrange in a pot. Put vinegar, garlic , ginger and whole peppercorn.  I used 1/2 cup of vinegar for 4 (small size) fish. Put salt and pepper to taste. Cook in a medium heat until it boils then turn the heat down for like 10 minutes or until the fish is cooked. Top it with eggplant or bitter melon if desired, 5 minutes before you turn off the fire. Make sure to salt the veggies when added. 

Thank you for dropping by! Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to drop a comment :)