Thursday, May 24, 2012

Yema Balls

After being lazy for so long, I've finally been able to blog. Bless my heart! Teehee!

Anyway, last week, I made some ice candy and yema. I was surprised when hubby liked the latter. He requested to put some in his lunch bag. That made my day :)



I had some water cellophane so I wrapped the yema balls nicely.



Sharing the recipe below:

You will need:

1 can (big) condensed milk
1 tbsp melted butter or oil
1/4 cup ground peanuts
2 tablespoons white sugar
water cellophane - optional

Instructions:

In a saucepan, combine melted butter and milk thoroughly.
Cook over a low heat .
Continue mixing it to avoid sticking.
Add peanuts and continue cooking until the mixture is thick enough to shape into small ball.
Remove from the heat and transfer to a small bowl.
Shape into small balls or form the shape you want. 
Roll balls in sugar.
Wrap them if you want.

Have a nice day!

1 comment:

  1. this made me crave for yema! they look yummy! :)

    anyway, i have an ongoing giveaway, i hope you can join. :)

    http://mykichaykit.blogspot.com/2012/05/blog-contest-for-moms-birthday.html

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to drop a comment :)