Monday, March 12, 2012

Bihon Guisado



I was very happy to see my friend Brenda in a grocery store yesterday after a long time. It was my fault why we haven't seen each other that long. I told her I will come to her house to give her the leche flan I saved for her. She is the kind of person that is not afraid to try any kind of foods. So as soon as I got home, I cooked Bihon for her to take with me together with the flan.

I know that every Filipino knows how to prepare bihon but I would like to share the recipe anyway.

You will need:

2 chicken breasts
1 package bihon
chinese sausage (optional)
2 cups shredded cabbage
2 cups julianned carrots
1/2 cups sitsaro or snowpeas/ green beans
2 cups sliced celery
3 laurel left
10 pcs peppercorns
garlic
onion
spring/green onion
soy sauce
salt and ground pepper
oil

Instructions:

1. In a pan, put the chicken breasts and 4 cups of water and boil.
2. Put also the laurel leaf, garlic, peppercorns, onion and salt.
3. When the meat is almost done, turn off the stove.
4. Slice the meat. Dont discard the water.
5. Strain the water and set it aside.
6. In a wok, put 2 tbsp of oil, sautee the garlic, onion and meat.
7. Then put in all the vegetables except cabbage.
8. Put a little bit of soysauce, then salt and pepper until you reached your desired taste.
9. Transfer to a bowl and set it aside.
10. In the same wok, put 1/4 cup of oil, garlic and onion until they turn brownish then put the chicken breast water.
11. Bring it to a boil.
12. Put salt and pepper.
13. Put the bihon in the boiling water until it is almost done. Then put the cabbage.
14. When the cabbage is almost done put in the sauteed meat and vegetables.
15. Carefully mix them all. When the cabbage is cooked, put in a low fire for 5 minutes.
15. Serve hot garnished with green onions.

Thanks for dropping by.




1 comment:

  1. That looks really delish ! Please throw a bowl or two over here for my breakfast ?! hahaha

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to drop a comment :)