Hubby has been bugging me to cook beef adobo for him these past few days. He is a beef eater. I was a little bit reluctant to do so because I have not tried cooking adobo using beef ever. But he was persistent so what else can I do? I wanted him to be happy, you know :) So there, I cooked some for the love of my life.
|Yummy Beef Adobo|
I searched for beef adobo recipes online and I was surprised to see lots of them! I really thought that only chicken and pork meats are the best for this kind of dish.
Anyway, when I put rice and beef adobo in hubby's lunch bag yesterday, I was praying that he would like it. It was his first time to bring adobo with rice at work. And thanks God that he liked it! He said it was soo yummy! And he wanted to bring more again today if there were leftovers.
Here's the recipe if you are interested.
You will need:
beef- adobo cuts (I like it with a little bit of fat)
pepper corns/ whole black or white pepper
salt and ground pepper
1 cup vinegar
1 cup of pepsi or coke- to create an appetizing color and as meat tenderizer (optional)
2 tbsp of cooking oil
1.5 cups water
1. Season the beef with salt and pepper.
2. In a pan, heat the cooking oil (make sure the oil is really hot) and brown the beef by batch.
3. When done put the browned beef to a different pan, put garlic, laurel leaves, pepper corns, pepsi and water and bring it to a boil.
4. Add vinegar. Let it boil again then season with salt to taste.
5. Let it cook for 30-40 minutes in medium heat or until the meat is tender. If needed, put more water.
6. When the meat is tender and only a little sauce left, turn the fire off.
7. Serve hot with rice.
Thanks for visiting!