|finished product- Polvoron|
It's Christmas time! I remember when I was still back home I'd make Polvoron as my Christmas give aways for my officemates. I've missed doing it.
So when I was at a grocery store today, I grabbed a box of flour for my Polvoron making. I'm gonna make some tomorrow or the following day.
You will need:
- 4 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 cups powdered milk
- 1 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 cups sugar
- nuts: peanuts, cashew, etc (optional)
- cocoa powder if you want it chocolatey (optional)
- coffee powder (optional)
- oreo cookies for cookies n' cream flavor (optional)
- Water cellophane (different colors)
- Polvoron moulder
- On a pan, toast flour in a moderate heat for about 15 minutes, or until light brown, stir constantly to avoid burning.
- Remove the pan and transfer the mixture on a big bowl.
- Add the powdered milk, toss for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add sugar and melted butter. Mix well.
- Fill the mould with the mixture, press it hard by using a spoon, then release it, if it is still too loose, add more butter or olive oil. Make sure that you could pick up the polvoron without it crumbling straight away.
- Place the polvoron in a airtight container, chill in the fridge until firm.
- Carefully wrap the polvoron individually in water cellophane.
You can make it as a business if you are a business minded person.
Thanks for visiting!